Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Passed the Half Way Point of My Last Term!

This week marks the beginning of week 6 in my 8 week course term. I've learned quite a bit in both of my classes, and I thought I'd give an update on what kinds of things I've been working on.

In my graphics class, I've gotten more comfortable with Visual Studio and using C++. I still rely a lot on the notes from class, but once the week's fundamentals are learned, I'm able to play around and learn how things work.

In my project course, I've been working on building an app that'll run a simple number guessing game. The user thinks of a number within a range, and the computer tries to guess it by showing a number and asking if the user's number matches it, is higher, or is lower than the guess. I've been learning a lot about Android Studio, and it's been great to see my work tested on my own phone (Nexus 6). My group seems to be working pretty well. Everyone has been contributing components where they're strongest in. We had some complications when a member had difficulty working on the database, but were able to sort through it as I offered some tasks on my app and others offered to give their expertise in that area. I'm excited to keep working on the app and to get more comfortable with Android Studio. I hope to create more apps in my spare time, like the random exercise routine program I've been working on.

I've also been quite busy prepping for interviews at Google for a software engineering residency. It looks to be a fantastic opportunity to gain some experience at one of the top technical companies in the world with some of the brightest people out there through training and working on actual projects!

I'll post an update on how everything progresses from here!

No comments:

Post a Comment