I've been working on a new project recently. The general plan is to create an Android App that will collect data based off a healthcare questionnaire. A short survey, using a number rating system for answers, will pop up at specified time intervals and ask the user to complete it. The data will be stored for various purposes. I'll try to integrate a graph that shows the different levels over the different time intervals.
The inspiration comes from recent visits to the doctor's office and realizing that I'm very unprepared for many of the questions the doctor asks. Details are hard to remember, but they can be helpful for a diagnosis. The goal is only to create something that could help provide a little more information on your next doctor visit if there's a recurring problem that you're watching. I tried to keep a journal/diary, but that proved to be too much to keep up with everyday. Some questionnaires only ask a few questions (under ten) and ask you to give a rating on a numerical scale (ie, 1 to 5).
I worked on an Android App for my class project. While it was relatively easy to create a working app, it seems that there's a lot of potential to create something really great with a little training. So I've found an online class on Udacity, "Developing Android Apps." The class goes over the basics of app developing. It shows you how to do cool things in creating an app, but it also does a great job of explaining the why behind a lot of the tools and design patterns. I highly recommend it so far.
I'll give an update when new progress is made.
No comments:
Post a Comment